Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have opportunities for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the West Kelowna, BC area.
- Are you an experienced safety conscious Operator, looking for training opportunities?
- Limited low cost accommodation available
- Full-time from Nov 15 – Mar 15 annually.
- Want to work locally & be home at the end of every shift?
- Do you have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
A Seasonal Operator is responsible for:
- Reporting to the Road Superintendent
- Preparing and operating light and heavy maintenance equipment such as patrol trucks, loaders, plows, spreaders, combinations, tractors, etc.
- Completing all required paperwork including Driver Inspection documents, Vehicle Circle Safety Checks, timesheets, reports and other operational documents as required
- Performing required preventative and routine equipment maintenance, which includes but is not limited to, cleaning/washing the interior and exterior of equipment, assisting in changing plow blades, minor equipment repairs, greasing equipment and refuelling equipment after use
- Carrying-out all routine/non-routine winter highway maintenance activities, facility maintenance and yard maintenance as required
- Reporting accidents, incidents and injuries to the supervisor completing required documentation.
- Notifying appropriate personnel regarding damage to equipment, repairs needed and any operational equipment problems
- Reporting highway conditions, public accidents and MoTi property damage, including damage to highway right of way such as guide posts, flex beam and bridge handrail to the supervisor on duty
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum Class 3/air license in good standing – Class 1 license considered an asset
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers
- Punctual and willing to work shift work
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform all highway maintenance and emergency assignments satisfactorily in a manner that promotes cost-effective operations, staff cooperation and working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times.
The Seasonal Operator position is a unionized role with the CLAC with pay starting at $29.75/hr.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.