Emcon Services Inc.is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Kenora, Ontario team as an Operations Manager.
- Are you a leader, strategic thinker?
- Are you an individual that is self-motivated with strong communication and interpersonal skills?
- Do you have a Highway Maintenance background?
- Do you enjoy the challenges of a fast pace ever changing environment?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Division Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day operations by organizing, directing, and supervising the work assigned to the staff of your Area Maintenance Contract including Foreman’s and Maintenance workers/Operators.
- Managing work procedures, scheduling, cost control, project conformance to national, local and/or company standards, and the establishment of manpower levels.
- Promoting cost effective operations and staff collaboration, along with monitoring manpower and equipment utilization for effectiveness and productivity.
- Facilitating the effective use of personnel and equipment by maintaining and managing all field equipment assigned to the Patrol Centre.
- Providing assistance in the preparation of Minor Capital Works, Work Orders and Extra Work when required and managing the Work in the field once approved in response to Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) requests.
- Managing the preparations of subcontracts and subcontractors following contract award.
- Providing administrative support including staff hiring and management.
- Approving time sheets, overtime assignments, expense accounts; managing material inventories and usage; preparing and approving shift schedules; overseeing the accurate completion of records and other documents and maintaining amicable internal/external communications at all times.
- Utilizing the Quality Management System and overall project workmanship and goal attainment.
- Fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of Grade 12 education, preferably with a further degree from Technical College or University in a related field.
- Extensive knowledge of the Road and Bridge Maintenance Standards as implemented in the Privatized Road Maintenance environment in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum DZ license in good standing, with proven experience
- Several years of proven experience in managing day-to-day operations of crews in the provision of road and bridge maintenance services.
- Computer experience in the areas of spreadsheets, cost accounting, project management, work processing and the Explorer software.
- Understanding of Provincial Commercial Regulatory and OH&S rules.
- Knowledge and experience with WSIB rules and regulations.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational and leadership skills, and communication and public relations skills;
- Prior experience working within a union environment is an asset.
This is a non-union, salaried, management position. Salary and benefits will be based on the experience of the successful candidate.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.