Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team for our London Patrol yard in Ontario.
Are you an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- Do you have a Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
- Want a guaranteed weekly income?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Stand-By Maintenance Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine winter highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments are weather dependant and may result in overtime as required;
- Performing activities such as highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (litter/debris pick-up, embankment repair, etc.), shoulder maintenance/grading, plowing, sanding/salting, drainage maintenance, etc…;
- Participating in training program and mentorship to develop skills and learn additional equipment when needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- AZ license considered an asset;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field; • Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual and be available and willing to report to work twenty-four (24) hour per day/seven (7) days a week as/when weather demands;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes cost effective operations, and staff co-operation.
This role is a unionized role.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment:
- satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.