Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the Kenora, Ontario at our Dryden and Emo locations.
- Are you seeking a rewarding job working outdoors for the summer?
- Do you have a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and are you a safety conscious operator?
- Looking for an opportunity for growth in a paced environment?
- Do you have an interest in gaining highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Maintenance Worker/Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine summer winter highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers;
- Performing activities during the summer season that include but not limited to shovelling, racking filling washouts, traffic control on area highways, emergency response, guidepost replacement emergency response for traffic incidents, etc…
- Performing activities to clean up parks that include but not limited to fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, etc…
- Other duties as assigned. The successful candidate must have/be:
- Valid Class G Ontario licence;
- Ability and willingness to work independently or as a part of a team; willing to travel
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual, willing to work shift work which includes weekend work and be willing to work during all seasons/weather;
- Willing to train in OTM Book 7 Traffic Control;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments in a manner that promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.