Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the 401/10 area.
- Are you seeking a rewarding job working outdoors?
- Do you have a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and are you a safety conscious operator?
- Looking for an opportunity to learn a new growing industry with the potential of building a career?
- Do you have an interest in gaining highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team! Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Maintenance Worker/Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine summer and winter highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers;
- Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required;
- May be required to become a night patroller for the winter season;
- Performing activities during the winter season that include but not limited to plowing, sanding/salting, grading, shovelling, etc…
- Performing activities such as traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc…), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, drainage maintenance, etc…
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- AZ license considered an asset;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual, willing to work shift work and be willing to work during all seasons/weather;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments in a manner that promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times.
The Maintenance Operator position is a unionized role.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment:
- satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.