Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the 401/10 area.
- Are an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Patrol Supervisor, the Emergency Response Crew Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out safe emergency road closures under the direction of the Patrol Supervisor/Emergency Response Lead Hands, when required to assist in the management of traffic operations in areas where accidents/incidents have occurred;
- Assisting Emergency Response Crew Lead Hands/Patrol staff in all emergency call/winter patrol assignments in a manner that promotes cost effectiveness, staff co-operation and is perform all tasks in the safest manner possible;
- Providing support to other emergency services such as police, ambulances, firefighters, etc…when an accident/incident has occurred with the highway division;
- Ensuring documentation such as timesheets, work diaries, DI book, accident reports, spill reports, circle checked, etc…are accurate and support other accident/incident data;
- Providing assistance to maintenance crews with road closure setup and tear downs in accordance with Ontario Traffic regulations/procedures;
- Assisting in the maintenance and tracking of highway signs and vehicles, collecting roadside debris, and dead animals in accordance with AMC contract specs, as well as repair and maintenance of the highway as required;
- Other duties as assigned. The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing, AZ license considered an asset;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual and willing to work shift work;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments in a manner that promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times.
This position is a unionized role with IUOE Local 793.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment:
- satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.