Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have opportunities for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Rock Lake Contract area of our Sudbury division.
- Are you an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- Do you have a Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
- Want guaranteed full-time hours with scheduled shifts?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Seasonal Maintenance Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine summer and winter highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required;
- Performing activities such as plowing, sanding/sanding, traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right‑of‑way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, drainage maintenance, etc…;
- Completing/Assisting on minor vehicle and equipment maintenance;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- Preferred AZ license with proven experience, considered an asset;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual, reliable and willing to work shift work;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes cost effective operations, and staff co-operation.
This role is a unionized role.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: Satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.