Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in one of our Dryden, Kenora, Ear Falls, Emo, Or Nickle Lake work area.
- Are you experienced in winter road maintenance
- Do you possess supervisory skills and a strong ability to lead a team?
- Want to be part of an exciting fast paced and rewarding work environment?
- You have a working knowledge of regulatory requirements and equipment knowledge?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team! Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Working Road Foreman is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required.
- Provision of supervision of employees in more than one patrol yard. Staff mentoring, participate in employee orientation, provide reports as requested.
- Performing activities such as delegation, monitoring and assisting staff with traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance, highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, plowing, sanding/salting, drainage maintenance, etc.
- Troubleshooting issues both operationally and mechanically, responding to client /company requests
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual, willing to work shift work days and nights and willing to travel;
- Leadership qualities, understanding of the OHSA, Highway Traffic Act, and other regulatory requirements
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes cost effective operations, and staff co-operation;
- Computer skills are considered an asset
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a unionized position. Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.