Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Kingston West area.
- Are an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- You have a Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
- Want to be home every night?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Patrol Supervisor, Seasonal Operator is responsible for:
- Preparing and operating light and heavy maintenance equipment such as patrol trucks, loaders, plows, spreaders, combinations, tractors, etc.
- Completing all required paperwork including Driver Inspection documents, Hours of Service Log Sheets, Vehicle Circle Safety Checks, Winter Operations Records, Equipment Cost Reports, timesheets, reports and other operational documents as required.
- Performing required preventative and routine equipment maintenance, which includes but is not limited to, cleaning/washing the interior and exterior of equipment, assisting in changing plow blades, minor equipment repairs, greasing equipment and refuelling equipment after use.
- Carrying-out all routine/non-routine winter highway maintenance activities, facility maintenance and yard maintenance as required.
- Reporting accidents, incidents and/or injuries to the Supervisor completing required documentation.
- Notifying appropriate personnel regarding damage to equipment as well as needed repairs and/or operational problems of equipment.
- Reporting highway conditions, public accidents and MTO property damage, including damage to highway right of way such as guide posts, flex beam and bridge handrail to the patroller on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- AZ license considered an asset;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual and willing to work shift work;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments in a manner that promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times.
The Seasonal Operator position is a unionized role with The International Union of Operators Engineers Local 793.
Any type of guarantee of hours is based on the collective agreement.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.