Emcon Services Inc., Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor in the Interior of British Columbia, is looking for a Trade Journeyman Welder for Victoria, (South Vancouver Island), BC. This position is a 12-month per year position, full time status.
Required qualifications include:
- Trade Journeyman Certificate in Welding, minimum Level B
- Fabricating knowledge and experience
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License, preferably Class 3 with Air, and a positive driving record.
- Work experience; involving gravel trucks, plow trucks, winter maintenance attachments, loaders, graders, backhoes, etc.
- Physically fit and capable of performing job requirements.
This position is part of a team that maintains an equipment fleet of graders, loaders, sweepers, trucks and winter maintenance attachments. Knowledge and experience in Preventative Maintenance Programs would be an asset.
Wages and benefit package as per the BCGEU Collective Agreement. Fully ticketed Certification rate is $35.11 per hour.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resumes along with a photocopy of driver’s license, an up to date driver’s abstract and references to substantiate Journeyman Welder Experience to:
Emcon Services Inc.
#105-1121 McFarlane Way
Merritt, BC V1K 1B9
No phone calls please.
Emcon Services has a mandatory drug pre-screening policy. A condition of employment requires a satisfactory current driver’s abstract. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.