Emcon Services Inc., Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor in the Selkirk Area are looking for Part Time & Casual Radio Operators for the upcoming winter season. This position is required in the Radio Room at our Revelstoke Office.
Under the supervision of the Radio Room Supervisor or designate, this position is the communication/coordination center for weather data, highway condition reporting, snow avalanche response, men and equipment location and office procedures.
The successful candidate must have the following skills, abilities and experience:
- Grade 12 education
- Strong computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Products
- Geographical knowledge of West, East Columbia and Central Kootenay Regions
- Good communication skills and diplomacy in dealing with the general public and supervisory personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically a clear voice tone
- Must be highly motivated individual and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Mature, confident and the ability to work independently and to focus on detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Willing to work weekends and shift work
- Knowledge and experience with telephone system, 2-Way Radios, Computers, Fax Machine
- Shift Work
The radio room operates seven (7) days per week, three (3) shifts per day:
5:00 am to 1:00 pm
1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
9:00 pm to 5:00 am
Hourly rate of pay starting at $24.25 (per Collective Agreement).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resumes along with a photocopy of their driver’s license, and an up to date driver’s abstract and references to:
Emcon Services Inc.
Attn: Executive Assistant
Box 2700, 723 Hwy 23 South
Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0
Please be advised only short listed candidates will be contacted & pre-employment drug testing is a requirement.