Emcon Services Inc.is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to become a QA/QC Coordinator for the Sudbury division.
- Are you a self-driven leader?
- Do you have good planning, organizational, and analytical and decision-making skills?
- Do you have excellent administration, oral and written communication skills?
- Do you enjoy the challenges of a fast pace ever changing environment?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the QA/QC Coordinator is responsible for and must be able to:
- This position requires the successful candidate to be willing and able to work both outdoors (in all weather conditions) and indoors (office setting);
- Candidate must have above average analytical and organizational skills needed to complete reports, audits and documentation;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently, ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships and is flexible;
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are essential;
- Be responsible for providing an effective and efficient auditing, quality control function that is aligned with departmental and company strategic goals;
- Responsibilities will include coordinating/delivering the safety policies and procedures, monitoring and dealing with compliance issues, coordinating training programs and requirements, and any other safety related issues/programs;
- Be professional and be able to approach with confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and have the ability to train;
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of Grade 12 education, preferably with a further degree from Technical College or University in a related field;
- A DZ licence is considered an asset;
- Excellent supervisory, organizational and leadership skills, and communication and public relations skills;
- Knowledge of the Road and Bridge Maintenance Standards as implemented in the Privatized Road Maintenance environment in the Province of Ontario;
- Computer experience in the areas of spreadsheets, cost accounting, project management, work processing and accounting software;
- Understanding of Provincial Commercial Regulatory and OH&S rules;
- Class “G” Driver’s Licence in good standing is required.
This is a non-union, salaried, management position.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.