Emcon Services Inc.is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in London, Ontario out of our Westminster Patrol Yard as a Patrol Supervisor.
- Are you a leader?
- Do you have a Highway Maintenance background?
- Do you enjoy the outdoors?
- Do you enjoy the challenges of a fast pace ever changing environment?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Patrol Supervisor is responsible for:
- Managing all routine and emergency maintenance operations undertaken by staff assigned to your Patrol Centre including Forepersons and Maintenance Workers/Operators. Promoting cost effective and staff collaboration
- Promoting cost effective operations, staff co-operation and working in a safe manner and environment at all times.
- Assisting in the preparation of Work Orders when required and managing the Work in the field once approved in response to Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) requests.
- Assisting in the preparation subcontracts and managing subcontractors following contract award.
- Providing administrative support including staff hiring and management.
- Maintaining and managing all field equipment assigned to the Patrol Centre.
- Approving time sheets, overtime assignments, expense accounts; managing material inventories and usage; preparing and approving shift schedules; overseeing the accurate completion of records and other documents and maintaining amicable internal/external communications at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- Demonstrated experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance or related field would be considered an asset;
- Computer literacy and preferably expertise in computerized equipment control systems;
- Understanding of Provincial Commercial Regulatory and OH&S rules;
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills;
- Prior experience working within a union environment is an asset.
This is a non-unionized role.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.