Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the Sudbury, Ontario at our Lively Main Shop location as a Mechanical Shop Labourer.
- Do you have a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and are you a safety conscious operator?
- Looking for an opportunity for growth in a paced environment?
- Do you enjoy the outdoors?
- Are you interested in gaining Mechanical and Highway Maintenance experience?
- Are you interested in getting your DZ
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Mechanical Superintendent, the Mechnaical Shop Labourer is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non routine summer and winter season yard work and maintenance.
- Assisting in mechanical duties and maintenance as required
- Performing activities during the summer and winter season that include but not limited to sand blasting, minor painting, heavy equipment services, light vehicle service and under coating.
- Performing activities to clean up the shop, yard and equipment that may include but not limited to minor equipment operations, sweeping, shoveling and washing.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Valid Class G Ontario license; Valid Class DZ Driver’s license considered an asset;
- Ability and willingness to work independently or as a part of a team; willing to travel
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual, willing to work shift work which includes weekend work and be willing to work during all seasons/weather;
- Willing to train in OTM Book 7 Traffic Control;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments in a manner that promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times.
- Enrolled in, or completion of Skilled Trades course considered and asset
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.