Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have opportunities for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Kenora Contract area which includes Kenora, Dryden, Emo, Nestor Falls, Red Lake, Rainy River, Vermilion Bay, Ear Falls, and Nickle Lake.
- Are you an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- Do you have a Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
- Looking for an opportunity for growth in a fast paced environment?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team! Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Seasonal Maintenance Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required;
- Performing activities such as plowing, sanding/sanding, traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, drainage maintenance, etc…;
- Completing/Assisting on minor vehicle and equipment maintenance;
- Participating in training program and mentorship to develop skills and learn additional equipment when needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual, reliable and willing to work shift work;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes cost effective operations, and staff co-operation.
The role is a unionized role. Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: Satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.