The Nicola Valley Seniors Residence (The Florentine), located in Merritt, B.C., is looking for a positive, compassionate and energetic individual to join our team.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, empathy, patience, and efficiency in providing an enjoyable mealtime service to our residents. Our key expectations of this position are to provide an efficient mealtime program, which will be well received by our residents as an enjoyable experience to look forward to each day.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Executive Chef OR Sous Chef in the serving of meals to our residents
- Serve all plated meals & beverages, including: breakfast entrees for the continental breakfast, lunchtime and dinner dining meals
- Assist residents with Meal Planning/Menu Choice as required
- Clean the kitchen and dining room and keep it maintained to a high standard
- Vacuum and mop the dining room after meals; wash and iron table linen as needed
- Complete all other general kitchen duties as outlined by the Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen aide
- Other odd related duties as required.
- Food Safe Certificate
- Must be pleasant and have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to function independently
- Must have a criminal free record
- Knowledge of cleaning standards (WHMIS)
- First Aid a benefit
The Florentine has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Food Safe Certificate. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.