Foreperson Stettler Applications are now being accepted for the position of Foreperson in the Stettler Yard. The Foreperson is a Supervisory Position, excluded from the Bargaining Unit, and reports to the Superintendent or his/her designate.
The position of Foreperson is the Employer’s senior representative in the Foreman Area, and requires an experienced, self-motivated individual with the ability to manage the work programs effectively without direct supervision. Requires good communication skills and positive interaction with other supervisory personnel (Operations Manager, Bridges, Quality Control Personnel, etc) and with Office Staff. The successful candidate will also be expected to develop and maintain positive working relationships with crewmembers and co-workers, Ministry personnel, emergency personnel and the general public.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read, understand, interpret and apply maintenance standards in accordance with the Maintenance Contract Specifications.
- Read, understand and apply all aspects of the Quality Management System.
- Meet or exceed all production expectations in the QMS Quality Maintenance Manual.
- Know and adhere to all safety practices and procedures.
- Report labour details, material usage/distribution and any other related costing information via timecards, or any other means designated by the Employer.
- Direct supervision of machine operators, foreman, labourers as well as sub-contractors performing works within the Foreman Area.
- Planning, organizing and controlling the work program(s) within the Foreman Area.
- Coordination and direction of the workforce – primarily in road maintenance activities; but also any other activities in which the Employer is involved.
- Coordination of crew and worksite safety programs.
- On behalf of the employer, to provide “first line response” to any road or infrastructure emergencies, weatherrelated emergencies, public concerns/inquiries/complaints, personnel/crew problems, safety concerns, etc.
- Preferably Grade 12 education.
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license, with air endorsement, Class 1 license preferred.
- Good Knowledge of Service Area
- Good knowledge of Road and Bridge Maintenance procedures and proper use of equipment.
- Good Knowledge of the Quality Management System.
- Good knowledge of preventative maintenance program.
- Ability to supervise and instruct employees, and ensure safety and productivity on the job.
- Ability to follow instructions competently and to function well without direct supervision.
- Ability to organize work schedules, and to ensure that the work program is carried out promptly and efficiently, and that priorities are maintained.
- Must be self-motivated, physically fit and mentally alert.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit interest in writing to Barry Nims at email@example.com Open until suitable candidate is found.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit résumés, along with photocopy of driver’s licence and an up-to-date driver’s abstract:
Emcon Services Inc.
9050 -14 St Edmonton, AB
Fax: 780 449-0574