Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the Kenora, Dryden or Emo work area.
- Are you an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- Do you have a Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
- Want to be part of an exciting fast paced work team?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team! Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Equipment Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine summer and winter highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required.
- Performing activities such aa road side maintenance, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), training will be provided in OTM Book 7 Traffic Control, highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, plowing, sanding/salting, drainage maintenance, etc. • Other duties as assigned. The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual and willing to work shift work; willing to travel
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments, working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner that also promotes cost effective operations, and staff co-operation.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.